Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Which Disney Character Is Especially Good at Expectorating?

Read the following sentences:

I tried something that my mom made for dinner.  It was so awful that before I realized what I was doing, I expectorated it.  My mom was furious with me.

The word expectorated as used in the above sentence probably means:

a. threw up
b. spit out
c. swallowed
d. chewed it up














Scroll down for the answer.






_________________
a. is incorrect.  While it might fit with the idea of bad food, it does not fit as well with the mom being furious. 
b. is correct.
c. is incorrect.  Why would the mom be furious over swallowing her cooking?
d. is incorrect.  Why would the mom be furious over chewing your food?

By the way, Gaston is especially good at expectorating.  It says so right in the song that bears his name in Beauty and the Beast.


~

No comments:

Post a Comment