Tuesday, February 13, 2024

And of course the novel is better than the movie...

Read the following excerpt from The Giver by Lois Lowry

I was pleased, though, when you were selected. It took them a long time. The failure of the previous selection was ten years ago, and my energy is starting to diminish. I need what strength I have remaining for your training. 

In this quote from the novel, what literary terms are being demonstrated?

A. Foreshadowing
B. Allusion
C. Hyperbole
D. Flashback








Scroll down for the answer.








_____________________________________

A and D are the correct answers.

Thanks to Caroline and Lindsey in Mrs. Brooks' English 2 Honors class at John A. Holmes High School in Edenton, North Carolina for being such givers of this question.  Gosh, that pun was bad even for me.  You deserve better.  


I am chagrined.  

1 comment:

  1. Very nice information been shared by you. I like the way you express your thoughts so simply, making it easy for others to understand. Thanks for the share. One can also learn English in a very easy way, just by downloading English Learning App on your own smartphone, which you can use whenever and wherever you want.
    English Practice App | English Speaking App

    ReplyDelete